Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Summer!

For those of you who know me, you know that this summer I'm an intern at The White House Project, a great non-profit which works to advance women's leadership in all sectors.

As their Development/Communications Intern so far, I've written thank you letters to donors; written briefs for meetings; done scheduling for Tiffany Dufu, the Development Director at TWHP; learned how to work Raiser's Edge (their Donor Database); researched prospective donors out the wazoo; and was just assigned to work on their huge Benchmarks report with Lena, another intern - the two of us are basically responsible for double checking the research experts in the fields the report covers (me) and double checking the writing for grammatical errors (lena). It's been pretty awesome - everyone is so sweet; and they're totally cool with me wearing jeans and a buttondown with flip flops - which I could marry them for, haha.

But the best thing I've been doing is writing a weekly blog for them on their White House Project Leadership Network. It allows me to really develop my own ideas on women's leadership, and tie it directly into my own interests.

SO!!! The main reason for writing this blog post is to inform you all that I'm going to start posting my weekly White House Project blogs on here, for the world to see. look for them!

No comments: